Reading glasses are often worn as a fashion statement and they protect one of our most important organs - our eyes.
Eyes are often described as the key to one’s soul. Moreover, they provide us with the God given gift of sight – something most of us can not ever imagine living without. So shouldn’t the key to your soul and the provider of vision be treated and protected with the very best care possible?
There are over sixty million people in the UK and 52% of these people aged 16 to 20 are not sure if they need glasses. A very frightening 15% of British drivers admit to having difficulty reading road signs when they are driving. It is also estimated that one in four of us will require reading glasses in the UK after the age of 45.
To care for your eyes, you need to have regular eye tests, wear the right reading glasses and wear them when they are needed.
Did you Know?
- Your vision can deteriorate over time and the speed of this process is unique to each individual person, so regular eye exams are an absolute essential part of eye care.
- An optician will be able to determine whether you require reading glasses, long distance glasses or both. Bifocal lenses and Progressive lenses can provide you with the technology of both reading glasses and long distance glasses.
- Eye exams at the opticians can also reveal other health problems such as diabetes, eye tumours, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis and even signs of a stroke.
Reading Glasses – The Fashion Statement
Reading glasses in the UK have absolutely revolutionised the fashion scene, with both male and female stars setting a striking example for us to follow. Once an expensive investment that would set you back the average person’s monthly salary, fashionable reading glasses are now available in many designs, in many stores at many different price points.
Funky reading glasses are suitable for people who have difficulty reading and seeing things close up. Reading glasses are also available for people who just want to make a fashion statement, with many clear lens glasses on the market.
Although reading glasses look cool, as worn by many UK celebs, they are first and foremost, reading glasses to protect our health and well-being – straining your eyes can result in headaches, fatigue and dizziness.
- Reading glasses will not restore your eyesight
- Sitting too close to the TV will not make you need reading glasses – contrary to what parents say, there has been no evidence to suggest that this can damage eyesight. Although having to sit very close to the TV may be a sign of short-sightedness.
- A computer will not damage your eyesight – however when using a computer for a long period of time, eyes can become dry, tired and strained. If you need to strain to see what you are working on, reading glasses may help.
Find the Right Reading Glasses at Sight Station
It is important that you select the right reading glasses for your needs. The strength of the reading glasses should be determined by how long sighted you are.
At Sight Station, you can choose from designer frames and fashionable reading glasses with a choice of different magnification strengths to suit your eyesight.
Shop online for your perfect reading glasses or call 01322 318 511 to speak to the Sight Station customer services team.